The tune is by John Stainer, who was organist of St Paulís Cathedral, London, from 1872 to 1888. He wrote it for these words in 1874 for inclusion in the 1875 edition of Hymns Ancient and Modern.
from notes by Alan Luff © 2002
Other recordings available for download
|Wells Cathedral Choir, Malcolm Archer (conductor), Rupert Gough (organ)|
Other albums featuring this work