Welcome to Hyperion Records, an independent British classical label devoted to presenting high-quality recordings of music of all styles and from all periods from the twelfth century to the twenty-first.
Hyperion offers both CDs, and downloads in a number of formats. The site is also available in several languages.
Please use the dropdown buttons to set your preferred options, or use the checkbox to accept the defaults.
The hymn refers to God’s channel to us through baptism. All my founts shall be with you is God’s living word to his people forever: to Israel, to Jesus, to the church, to the baptized and the communicants. All my founts shall be with you is God’s promise that life streaming from him wells forth over us for all time. The fount of life flows over us in baptism and bestows on us the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins and life eternal. That eternal life begins in baptism and is a foretaste of a new heaven and a new earth at the end of time.
Pastor Hanne Margrethe Tougaard © 2010
Naji Hakim’s piece All my founts shall be with you is based on Thomas Laub’s melody for Grundtvig’s hymn Alle mine kilder skal være hos dig and consists of 10 symphonic variations:
1. Ouverture – Animé: Initial variation evoking the unfailing sources and the unquenchable gush of the Spirit. The same type of figuration is found in the other variations in perpetuum mobile, in scales or arpeggios.
2. Hymne: The melody is presented in an expressive harmonic texture on the foundations stops.
3. Résolu: Perpetuum mobile envelops or enhances the cantus.
4. Nocturne: Impressionistic and mysterious variation. Here the melody is veiled in ornamental lines—the Très majesteux recalls the first section of the hymn with an ascending ornamental line from the bass to the extreme treble, to represent the passing of the spirit into Eternal Life.
5. Gracieux – Expressif – Aimable – Dansant – Expressif – Aimable – Expressif – Gracieux: Central variation, theatrical and naive, playing on the alternation of moods.
6. Avec feu: A perpetuum mobile recalls the third variation.
7. Nocturne: Expressive ornamentation of the melody in the rhythmic style of a sicilienne.
8. Rythmé: Exuberant and vivacious.
9. Modéré: Descending scales symbolize the abundance of the gifts of the Spirit.
10. Héroïque – Résolu – Un peu plus vif – Très vif: Final variation articulated in four increasingly rapid sections and recalling the melody of the psalm in exaltation.
from notes by Naji Hakim © 2010